Revealing the Truth about Fad Diets
If you ask ten people what fad diets are you will get ten different answers. How can this be?
There are discussions which diets are really working and which ones don’t. The general concept of a fad diet is:
"These are diets that come and go on the weight loss market. Some are pure hype with exaggerated claims and no, or poor scientific backup. But there are also some diets that really do work if you follow the instructions by the letter."
To take these diets there are some important things to keep in mind:
* Never follow a diet over a long period of time without proper monitoring by a licensed health care practitioner.
* Normally these diets are unbalanced, requiring eating only one or two food types (cabbage soup diet)
* Try to increase your physical activities while following a diet.
* Avoid losing weight only to regain it. After the diet maintain healthy eating habits with nutrient rich foods such as fresh fruits, raw vegetables, whole grains, etc.
* Supplementing any diet with a little Aloe Vera juice will help to properly digest the food eaten while dieting.
There are certain guidelines that can help you define fad diets:
* Make a magical promise
* List magical fat burning miracle foods
* Living on special food combination or food formulas to lose weight
* Promises to lose weight fast in a short period of time
I don’t think that all fad diets are bad. Actually I believe you call them that because they become very popular in a short time. Sometimes as quickly they fall out of favor. But of course ...
... The negative side is the mindset of the dieting person:
“I make X week/days this sacrifice and lose Y kilos. Now I finished the diet and I lost Y kilos and now I can eat again anything I like.”
The result of such thinking is that you put back on the weight almost as fast or faster as you lost it. I believe for an overweight person it is OK to lose weight fast. But after the diet you should ...
... Adjust your eating habits to stay at your achieved goal.
Fad diets are short term solutions to lose weight fast. But we have to make a change in our lifestyle and eating habits to keep the excessive kilos off and also have the right nutritional balance to stay healthy.
There is more research needed in long term weight loss. If you follow a fad diet for a long time this could result in serious health problems. To keep your weight at an optimal level you should ...
... Have balanced eating habits and have enough physical activities.
Here is a list of a few fad diets:
• Acai Berry Diet: The Acai berry is harvested in the Brazilian rain forest from a palm tree. Acai is rich in antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acid. It is believed to be the most powerful and nutritious food on earth.
• South Beach Diet: this diet has the teaching to eat the right carbohydrates and fats in order to lose weight. This is one of the diets I consider healthy and safe.
• Atkins Diet: This diet was written in the 1970’s. This is a low carbohydrate diet and emphasizes on maintaining good health, weight control and disease prevention.
• Zone Diet: This diet teaches you to proper dividing your food into 30% protein, 30% fat and 40% carbohydrates you not only lose weight, but you obtain optimal health and can prevent heart diseases, diabetes and high blood pressure.
• Cabbage soup Diet: This diet requires you to drink water and eat cabbage soup with some special selected foods. It is a starving diet in my point of view and needs a lot of sacrifice.
• Negative Calorie Diet: This diet has very poor scientific backup. It teaches that certain foods create negative calorie effect resulting in weight loss. In other words you would eat yourself to weight loss.
• 3 Day Diet: This is simple low calorie diet.
• Low Fat Diet: This diet limits the consumption of fat, especially saturated fats preventing weight gain and cholesterol related diseases.
• Low-Carb Diet: This diet restricts carbohydrates from your diet to lose weight and for the treatment of obesity.
Something special for You!
Exclusive updates for my E-zine subscribers. Don't miss out on the newest updates and breakthrough's in the natural health sector.
For your interest in aloe-vera-advice.com I want to thank you in a special way. I want to offer you totally free...
* E-zine subscription
* Ebooks for instant downloads:
- Basic Guide to Grow Aloe Vera
- Aloe and Your Health
- 4 Steps to permanent weight loss
- Amazing weight loss and beauty tips
- Eat Right, Live Right
- Get Fit
- Herbal Tea Remedies
- Headache Happiness
- Vinegar for Cleaning
Just fill in your information below to get access to this
high valuable information.
Return from fad diets to Healthy eating